Philanthropy California Partners and Purpose
Philanthropy California is an alliance of Northern California Grantmakers, Southern California Grantmakers, and Catalyst of San Diego and Imperial Counties. We partner with the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services to support immediate relief and long-term recovery efforts. This response page provides essential information on how individuals and institutional funders can help.
Philanthropy California is deploying its deep work in disaster resilience efforts toward:
- Sharing what’s needed now, emerging issues, and where funders can make the most of their contributions
- Publicizing trusted funds for relief and recovery
- Advising how best to meet short and long-term needs
- Connecting funders, government partners, and organizations active in responding to the disaster
- Supporting funders with tools, connections, and expertise
Philanthropy California monitors fires, heat waves, drought emergencies, power shut offs, and other natural hazards and provides vetted funds and resources on this response page. Please visit our government partner websites, CalVolunteers and CalOES, for more information about how you can help, as well as to prepare for and recover from wildfires.
If you have questions about Philanthropy California's wildfire response, please contact Alan Kwok, Director of Climate and Disaster Resilience at email@example.com.