Philanthropy California is an initiative of Northern California Grantmakers (NCG), Southern California Grantmakers (SCG), and San Diego Grantmakers (SDG). Our combined membership represents more than 600 foundations, corporate funders, philanthropic individuals and families, giving circles, and government agencies who invest billions every year to support communities across the state, the country, and worldwide.
Philanthropy CA is our alliance. Together we:
- Collaborate with the governor’s office on wildfire, funding inland California, and housing and homelessness.
- Coordinate response to and resources for the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent economic downturn. Advocate for the inclusion of immigrants and non-profits in the stimulus process.
- Assemble tools especially crafted for funders to support long-term movement-building and advance racial equity.
- Heed the call to be better partners to our nonprofit grantees with the Full Cost Project and Trust Based Philanthropy.
- Marshal philanthropic action to advance equitable policies and thwart damaging proposals.
- Undertake impact investing to direct investments toward affordable housing, job creation, and small business growth.
- Boost representation to create fair redistricting boundaries for the state’s electoral districts.
- Advance progressive policy supporting a full Census count.
Learn more about us: