Foundation Stats: California, is an initiative of Candid in partnership with Philanthropy California. It provides an at-a-glance overview of institutional philanthropic information for the State of California and its composite regions. This dashboard updates daily as new data comes online.
This effort is part of a campaign to “Get on the Map,” which is a national partnership between Northern California Grantmakers, Catalyst of San Diego & Imperial Counties, Southern California Grantmakers, Candid, and United Philanthropy Forum to improve available public data about California philanthropy. A big thank you to The James Irvine Foundation for its generous support of this project.
If you have not done so already, please contribute your data so that the dashboard can be as current and accurate as possible. Our partners at Candid are gathering all the data and structuring it for us. View the full instructions here >
COVID-19 Funding Map
Philanthropy California is helping track philanthropy’s response to the coronavirus pandemic by continuing our “Get on the Map” Campaign partnership with Candid who has launched a new coronavirus map in response to funders' requests.
It is critical to be transparent and share this information with other funders to help inform your philanthropy in the coming weeks and months. The information gathered will be publicly available and updated daily at candid.org/coronavirus. Knowing where money is going and how, and having the latest information from organizations, facilitates thoughtful collaboration and decision-making in times of crisis.
You can see a list of grants meant to benefit California, or
A link to highlight grantmaking by funders in California.
You can also use different filters to, for example, see grantmaking by funders in Los Angeles County.
As you can see from any of these “live” maps, the information they have collected is not complete, and this is where we need YOUR help!
Please see below the information about how to share your data. If you have any questions on how to submit your data or about the map, please contact Phuong Pham at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your assistance in getting a more complete picture of California’s philanthropic response to COVID-19.
How to Share Your Data
Export your grants data from your software system.
- Most grants management software products have documented how to export the information.
- If you don’t see your software provider on that list, download Candid's eReporting template, an Excel spreadsheet, which you can use to complete the information they need.
- Philanthropy California recommends using Candid's “Simplified Template.”
Submit your data to Candid one of two ways.
- Submit through Candid’s Updater system. This requires you to create an account on their website or if you have an account Log in here. Use this account to submit your COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 grants data after each grant cycle to enhance California’s Foundation Funding Map.
- Email grants data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also follow the detailed instructions and find more information on this page.