Inland California Economic Development
Since elected, Governor Gavin Newsom and his administration have been committed to driving inclusive, equitable investment throughout California, with a particular focus on the underinvested regions of inland California, from the San Joaquin Valley to the Inland Empire.
Over the past few years, both government and philanthropy have made strides towards achieving this vision, but the work is far from finished. Nonprofits and community leaders in inland California are still wrestling with addressing a global pandemic, economic crisis, and the struggle for racial justice with a fraction of their coastal counterparts’ resources. The current challenges facing California have only served to exacerbate pre-existing inequities, particularly for low-income families of color.
As the state looks to drive inclusive, equitable investment heading into 2021 and beyond, it is imperative that both government and philanthropy continue to explore new sustainable ways to collaborate, ensuring community voices and needs are central in every conversation.
For the second installment of the Inland California Webinar Series to:
- Learn more about the state’s current economic development initiatives and their impact on inland California
- Engage with state leaders in the workforce and economic development
- Explore how philanthropy can work with Government on economic development investments in inland California
- Hear from inland community leaders about the importance of investing in inland California for the region and the state’s future
- Discuss the public-private partnerships opportunities available to help promote inclusive growth and development in inland California, taking into account new challenges and opportunities presented by COVID-19
The program is open to everyone.
Presented in partnership with:
FILTER MORE BY: