California Community Foundation: COVID-19 LA County Response Fund
California Community Foundation launched the COVID-19 LA County Response Fund to address the immediate and mid to long-term needs of our region’s most vulnerable residents. This fund will support community needs identified by our partners in health, housing, education and immigration, and will aid impacted individuals through its Pass It Along Fund.
No Administration Fee – CCF has waived its administration fee to manage the COVID-19 LA County Response Fund. Credit card contributions remain subject to third party fees.
The fund will make grants on a rolling basis addressing emerging needs in the community with an initial focus on education, health, homelessness, and individual hardship assistance through our nonprofit partners:
- Mitigating Impacts of School Closures – Grants will help school districts and service providers respond to needs of students and families from ensuring access to educational resources and technologies, meals, to socio-emotional supports.
- Homeless Residents – Grants will help housing providers and shelter operators respond to needs for outreach, social distancing, isolation, and for increased demand for emergency services.
- Health Clinics & Hospitals – Grants will help community clinics and hospitals respond to increased patient flow, triaging those who are sick, exposed or in need of testing, and to support isolation and quarantine sites being established and operated across LA County.
- Hardship Assistance – Grants to nonprofit partners in CCF’s Pass It Along (PIA) Program to make aid available to help individuals and families address an immediate, emergency
- Immigration – Grants to support low-wage, immigrant workers to help them access food, services, and other unemployment resources