Philanthropy California is an initiative of Northern California Grantmakers (NCG), Southern California Grantmakers (SCG), and San Diego Grantmakers (SDG). Our combined membership represents more than 600 foundations, corporate funders, philanthropic individuals and families, giving circles, and government agencies who invest billions every year to support communities across the state, the country, and worldwide.
We collaborate more closely in Philanthropy CA for:
- A stronger statewide philanthropic presence that bridges geographic and organizational boundaries and diverse interests among funders
- A united voice for public policy issues affecting philanthropy
- Improved opportunities for learning and collaboration
- The ability to engage a broader range of stakeholders
- Streamlined support for nonprofits and philanthropy
Philanthropy CA taps into the deep regional expertise and connections of funders to increase philanthropy’s impact in building and sustaining thriving, equitable communities. Together, we can impact our members, the nonprofits they support and the communities they serve.