JOIN THE SUMMIT PLATFORM
We recommend you tune in to the Summit via your desktop or laptop by logging in to the Summit platform using the email you registered with and the password and link included in our "Getting Ready for the 2020 Philanthropy California Policy Summit" email. These credentials are unique for you, please don't share them with others.
If you need a break from sitting or would like to take the Summit to go, you can also tune in with your mobile phone by downloading the Summit app in the Apple App Store. Please use the same credentials as above to log in via the mobile app.
If you are you having difficulties logging in or need to access your login credentials, please email us at email@example.com.
EXPLORE THE SUMMIT VIRTUAL LOBBY
Here is a breakdown of the Summit Virtual Lobby:
1. AGENDA: Click on Agenda to access and broadcast all of our Summit sessions. Upon entering, select the "View Session" icon by any session title to join that broadcast. Click on a specific session to view the speaker list, access resources, and provide feedback.
2. LET'S CONNECT: This is where you'll find all registered Summit attendees and a direct messaging feature.
3. NEED HELP: At any time during the Summit, click Need Help to send the Philanthropy California team a private question. We will be actively monitoring this inbox throughout the day and will reply via email.
4. JOIN THE CONVERSATION ON THE SOCIAL WALL: Our Social Wall is where you can post pictures, share resources, and capture your favorite quotes and moments from the day. You can also tag other Summit attendees in all of your posts! Check back often to find the latest conversations and other live updates.
5. NAVIGATION MENU: The Navigation Menu allows you to access the entire Virtual Lobby and many other platform features. You can learn more about the Navigation Menu in the following section.
THE NAVIGATION MENU
Located on the top leftmost corner, the Navigation Menu allows you to access every feature on our Summit platform. Here's the breakdown of the Navigation Menu icons:
EXPLORE: The Explore icon will direct you to the Virtual Lobby, our Sponsors page, Summit Announcements, and our Resources page.
AGENDA: Under Agenda, you will find all Summit sessions and speakers.
CONNECT: Connect will take you to all of our spaces designed for interaction, including our Attendees list, our Roundtables, One to One Messaging, and our Social Wall. Please note that our Roundtables are where the Yoga/Meditation sessions will take place and where you will have a chance to network with other attendees based on a shared interest or topic.
GIVE FEEDBACK: This is where you can give feedback on any Summit session.
ME: Also known as your profile page, this is where you can upload a photo, share detailed information about yourself, connect your social accounts, and update your account preferences. You will also find a Notes feature here.
HELP: Go to Help to ask our Summit team a private question.
BROADCAST A SESSION
From the Virtual Lobby, select Agenda to access all of our broadcasting rooms. This is where you will stream all of our plenary and breakout sessions and participate in our Roundtable conversations and activities. Here's a breakdown of the icons you will find on the Agenda page:
VIEW SESSION: Select this icon to join any session broadcast throughout the course of the day.
ROUNDTABLE: This icon will take you to our Roundtable room where you will be able to join a Yoga/Meditation session or grab a seat at one of our themed networking tables. Roundtable can only host a video chat of up to 6 participants. Attendees can either find an open table to participate in or join a full table as a Spectator and ask questions via the Q&A feature. If there's a topic you want to discuss with others but there are no Roundtables hosting that conversation, we invite you to create one!
RATE: Click Rate to provide valuable feedback on a session.
RESOURCES: This is where you will find any resources related to a session.
TECH TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS
In order to have a smooth technological experience during the Summit, we would like to offer the following tips and recommendations:
1. Update Your Browser: Please download the latest version of your internet browser to ensure you have the most up-to-date technology.
2. Strong Internet Connection: We recommend you use a stable internet connection for uninterrupted broadcasting.
3. Keep the Agenda Open: We suggest that you keep the Agenda page open throughout the day and broadcast new session by opening a separate tab. This will allow you to toggle between different broadcasts faster and more efficiently.
4. Complete Your Profile: Update your personal profile by uploading a picture, connecting your social accounts, and listing your professional experience and interests. This will make it easier for other attendees to find and message you.
5. Participating in a Roundtable: When entering a Roundtable choose an empty seat and then press Join— not Spectate— if you'd like to video chat with other table participants.
6. Social Wall Tip: If you're broadcasting the Summit on your desktop, download the 2020 PhilCA Summit mobile app to post on the Social Wall via your mobile phone as you broadcast sessions on your computer.
GET STARTED TODAY!
While the Summit is still a few days away, we encourage you to complete the following actions beforehand to ensure a seamless experience on Monday:
1. Complete Your Profile: Update your personal profile by uploading a picture, connecting your social accounts, and listing your professional experience and interests.
2. Plan Your Summit Experience: Review the Summit Agenda and select the sessions you'll be attending on Monday.
3. Browse Attendee List: It's never too early to plan your networking activities! Connect with other attendees now by looking through our list and sending them a message.
4. Get Social: Share your excitement with other attendees by posting a message or an image on our Social Wall this weekend!
5. Create a Roundtable: If there's a topic you want to discuss with others but there are no Roundtables hosting that conversation, we encourage you to create one before Monday!